Hampden Academy challenges all students to achieve individual excellence.
- Demonstrate breadth of knowledge
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate effectively in written, oral, and visual forms
- Plan for their education and careers
Social and Civic Expectations
Hampden Academy students are emerging citizens of a global society who . . .
- Demonstrate respectful, honest, responsible, compassionate behaviors
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Assume active roles in their school and/or community
We believe …
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- A safe, supportive environment is essential to learning.
- Learning requires rigorous experiences, connections among disciplines, and application of knowledge in relevant situations.
- High school is a developmental process in which responsibility for learning and behavior shifts to the student.
- Effective learners monitor and balance their physical and emotional well-being.
- Staff participation in professional development enhances their knowledge and skills and promotes reflection and collegiality.
- A synergistic partnership among students, school, parents, and community is fundamental to education.
- Respect is a right of all people.
Approved by Hampden Academy Faculty January 18, 2006
Approved by MSAD #22 School Board March 15, 2006