Below are scholarships that are mailed to us, or brought to our attention in some other way, that we want you to have access to. Copies of the scholarship’s may also be found in the Guidance Office. Please check this frequently as we will update this information as it becomes available.
Scholarships for 2017-18 School Year
*Scholarship for Civil Engineering – Maine Section American Society of Civil Engineers
- Deadline – January 31, 2018
- Amount – Various scholarships totaling $4,000
- Please click on the link below for more information and the application.
*Clyde Russell Scholarship Fund
- Deadline – February 1, 2018
- Amount – The award for community college students will not exceed $2,000. In all categories the awards will not exceed $10,000.
- 4 year college – must be citizen of Maine
- community college – must be a citizen of Maine
*Jackson Laboratory College Scholarship Program
- Deadline – February 1, 2018 (teacher must submit a nomination by this date)
- Amount – $10,000
- Must be nominated by a teacher
- Must be pursuing a major/career in Biomedicine
- Please see link below for more information.
*Hamilton Relay Scholarship
- Deadline – March 1, 2018
- Amount – $500
- Student must be a graduating Maine high school senior who is deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or have difficulty speaking
- Student must provide an essay on the topic of technology and submit an application
- Student must also provide a letter of recommendation
*Mainely Character Scholarship
- Deadline – March 1, 2018
- Amount – $2,500-5,000
- Student must be a senior graduating this year from a Maine High School and pursuing post secondary education.
- Student must be dedicated to helping others, works to build a better community, has overcome personal obstacles, and lives their values.
- Student must provide a written essay, which demonstrates the four principles of courage, integrity, responsibility and concern. A personal interview is also required.
*National Association of Women in Construction Scholarship
- Deadline – March 15, 2018
- Student must be enrolled in a construction-related program at a school in the United States and must have a least one term remaining in a course of study in a construction-related field.
- Students must be enrolled full time and be a resident of the state of Maine
- Must provide letter of recommendation, transcript, and complete online application
*Black Note Smoke Free World: Get a Boost Scholarship
- Deadline – Rolling Application: Due Before March 30, 2018
- Amount – $2,000
- Student must shares innovative, ingenious or just plain good ideas on ways to help smokers put down cigarettes and join the world’s smoke-free movement
- Student must be 18 years or older, full time student, be a leg
- To be eligible for a scholarship opportunity, you must meet the lineup of requirements, complete an online application, and submit an essay discussing your smoke-free world ideas
*Courageous Steps Scholarship Fund: Eastern Maine Region-Wide Scholarship
- Deadline – March 30, 2018
- Amount – $250-500
- Student must be a graduating senior
- Student must fill out online form and attach a written essay (no more than 3 pages)
* Christine B. Foundation Scholarship
- Deadline – March 31, 2018
- Amount – $2,000
- Student must be a high school graduate enrolling or enrolled as a college undergraduate.
- Student must be attending a college in one of the following states: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, or New York.
- Student must be planning to attend college, full time, the semester following the scholarship award (ex: summer 2017 award, must be enrolled in Fall 2017 semester)
- Student must provide a 1,000-word essay on the following topic:Describe your experience with cancer. How did this experience change your view on life? In what ways did you promote a healthy lifestyle during and/or after this experience? (This does not have to be through a personal diagnosis.)
- Student must have completed 30+ hours of community service in the year prior to scholarship application (ex: applying for 2018 CBF scholarship, must have completed 30+ hours in 2017). (Access the Community Service Form Here)
- Student must provide one professional reference.
- Please click on this link for more information: http://www.chrisbfund.org/scholarships/
*GFWC Maine and Maine Counsel for Elder Abuse Prevention Scholarship Essay Contest
- Deadline – Postmarked by April 1, 2018
- Amount – $1,000 and $50 will be awarded to a student in each participating county
- Student must have completed graduation requirements from a Maine high school and will be attending College or a certified program as a full time student
- Must provide a 500 word double-spaced essay answering the question: “What is elder abuse and why does it matter to you?”
- Student must also provide high school transcript and letter of acceptance from college or university as soon as possible but due no later than May 1st
*Maude MacKenzie Scholarship
- Deadline – April 1, 2018
- Amount – $1,000
- Student must be a graduating Maine senior who has been accepted to a college or university
- Criteria for the scholarship includes academic average, leadership, and service in school and the community
- Consideration will also be given to need of financial assistance
- Student must provide high school transcript, recommendation from guidance counselor or teacher, a written essay, and a letter of acceptance from the college or or university
- Deadline – April 1, 2018 and May 1, 2018 (Important: Please note the two deadlines)
- Amount – $9,500 with
- Student must be a legal resident of Maine and a graduating student from a public high school in Maine
- Student must plan to attend a four-year or two-year degree program at an accredited college or university in the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation year
- Candidates are evaluated based on the following criteria: academic potential, community impact, and financial need.
*Maine Innkeepers Association
- Deadline – April 6, 2018
- Students must be attending a fully accredited school with specialities in hotel administration and culinary sciences.
- Student must print and fill out an application form and provide three letters of recommendation, copy of academic transcript, and a 500 word essay.
*Belfast Garden Club Scholarship
- Deadline – April 30, 2018
- Amount – $2,500
- Student must me a resident of Waldo County and pursuing an associates, bachelors, or advanced degree in horticulture, botany, forestry, ecology, conservation biology, sustainable agriculture, or a related filed
- To the printable application student must attach a list of clubs and organizations in which you have participated. As well as a photo.
- Student must provide academic transcript, two letters of recommendation, and an essay
*Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Deadline – May 1, 2018 (12:00 noon)
- The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship Fund offers renewable, four-year scholarships to students with financial need who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (in school, their community, or at home), a strong work ethic, and leadership qualities. Click on the link below for more information and the application.
*AES Engineering Scholarship
- Deadline – October 6, 2018
- Amount – $500
- This award is available to all students, regardless of their field of study
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted
- Students must provide a 500-1000 word essay: Submit essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include your full name as well as the name of the school you are attending this year and your plans for next year
Scholarship Search Sites
The links below are scholarship search sites that will allow you to enter some information about yourself and see a list of scholarships customized to your information. Because there are so many scholarships out there, we encourage students to make a spreadsheet to keep track, in one central location, of requirements and deadlines for all scholarships.