Below are scholarships that are mailed to us, or brought to our attention in some other way, that we want you to have access to. Copies of the scholarship’s may also be found in the Guidance Office. Please check this frequently as we will update this information as it becomes available.
Scholarships for 2017-18 School Year
- Deadline – June 30th, 2018
- Amount – $3000
- The applicant must be a legal resident of one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia. They must also be 18 years or older and be enrolled in an accredited college or university
- To enter answer a 500-800 word essay answering both of the prompts on the website posted below.
*Fleming College Scholarship
- Deadline – July 1, 2018
- Amount – $1,000
- You must submit a 250 word or video essay on the following topic, “ideas and solutions to reduce drunk driving car accidents”
*Cardrates.com Financial Futures Scholarship
- Deadline – July 31st, 2018
- Amount – $1,000
- CardRates.com is proud to offer the Financial Futures Scholarship to future and current college students majoring in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Management, and otherspreparing for a career in the personal finance industry.Applicants will be judged based on outstanding academic achievement and submission of an essay.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the personal finance industry
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
- Essay Topic: In 10 years, how do you see yourself impacting the finance industry?
- The essay title must be: “How I Will Impact The Finance Industry”.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- Essay should be 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
- Deadline – August 31st, 2018
- Amount – 1st place: $1000, 2nd place: $500, 3rd/4th/5th: 1 Annual Subscription to Educator.com ($300 value each)
- Student will be chosen base on academic achievement and their 500-1000 word essay answering the question “What is the greatest problem in education today and how would you change it?”
- To apply the applicant will need to send in their most recent transcript and submit the essay.
- For more information click the link below…
*AES Engineering Scholarship
- Deadline – October 6, 2018
- Amount – $500
- This award is available to all students, regardless of their field of study
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted
- Students must provide a 500-1000 word essay: Submit essay to email@example.com
- Be sure to include your full name as well as the name of the school you are attending this year and your plans for next year
Scholarship Search Sites
The links below are scholarship search sites that will allow you to enter some information about yourself and see a list of scholarships customized to your information. Because there are so many scholarships out there, we encourage students to make a spreadsheet to keep track, in one central location, of requirements and deadlines for all scholarships.