School Based Health Clinic–Opening October 11, 2016!
Regional School Unit #22 is proud to open our School Based Health Center, at Hampden Academy, for the 2016-2017 school year. The health center is a collaboration between RSU #22 and Eastern Maine Medical Center to provide onsite health services to our student population at Hampden Academy. To begin the program a Nurse Practitioner, Brandy George will be available Tuesdays from 8:00am-10:30am and Wednesdays from 7:30am-10:00am.
The SBHC does not replace a student’s primary care provider but strives to work collaboratively to improve overall student health. A student’s pediatrician or other primary care provider will continue to oversee his/her healthcare. You, as the parent or guardian, control coordination of care between the SBHC and the primary care provider. You do this either by sharing information provided the SBHC to your child’s providers and/or by submitting a release of information for the SBHC to share information as appropriate.
- Improve the health and wellness of the student population.
- Improve the school environment.
- Provide support to families who may find it difficult to access health services during the school year.
Strategies to achieve these goals:
- Provide high quality integrated health services to prevent future health problems.
- Ensure access to immediate medical care.
- Keep students healthy so they succeed in the classroom and beyond.
- Services provided include but are not limited to:
- Sore throat–rapid strep/mono
- Headache (addressed by school nurse)
- Urinary tract infection symptoms
- Upper respiratory tract infection symptoms
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis symptoms)
- Acute asthma attack
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain
- Please contact Barbara Parent, RN at 862-5570 or email@example.com for enrollment information or
- You can also download the enrollment paperwork from the links below and return them to the School Nurse’s Office at Hampden Academy
We hope that you find this collaboration helpful to you and your child. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.
RSU 22 SBHC: 862-3791
Enrollment Forms and Information